Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gucci Large Jockey Python Hobo Bag

gucci-large-jockey-python-hobo-bag.jpg
If pressed, I would have to concede that I’m not much of a Gucci gal. I’ve only been persuaded to sink some change at Gucci twice: a trim, messenger style bag and the ubiquitous Walker monogrammed pouch made famous by Ms. Carrie Bradshaw. Having grown completely away from the monogrammed items in recent years, Gucci has not caught my eye with their offerings. But that all changed upon seeing the Large Jockey Python Hobo Bag. My first reaction to this bag: delicious! The clean, refined lines appeal to my urban, minimalist taste. The curves created by the slouch of the python add a feminine note, a nice contrast to the bad-girl appeal of the pitch-black python. This Gucci strikes that fine balance between rich and subdued. But rich, you will have to be indeed! The price tag is a steep $3,295 at Saks, on pre-order to be shipped in November. Still, for such a classic purse, I may have to put it on my short list.

No comments: