Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Erin’s Style Picks: The Dark Side

melinda.jpg

I’m not all about rainbows and kittens and ice-cream sundaes with sprinkles on top. My fondness for the dark side runs deep, as does the amount of edgy black garments in my closet. My favorite piece of the moment, though, maintains a dark and mysterious edge with a dash of girlish charm. It’s the Melinda top from Dahl by Alison Kelly, whom you fashionistas will recognize as the hip platinum-haired designer from the third season of “Project Runway.”

prada-dressy-new-look-tote.jpg

If you lusted after Kelly’s downtown-cool outfits like I did, you’ll love this top, which features crocheted kissing birds at the neckline. See? Black can have a sweet side. I’m itching to pair this look with Prada’s Dressy New Look Tote, a black leather bag accented with leather tassels that heighten the sexy-and-cool factor.

Dahl by Alison Kelly Melinda Dress: http://dahlbyalisonkelly.com/melinda/

Prada Dressy New Look Tote: www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/

No comments: